Less than 10% of US companies have a formal print policy to control how much is printed and spent on hardcopy output. Does your office have a print policy? Without one, it’s virtually impossible to prevent avoidable waste and expense.
This is why we offer a FREE OFFICE PRINT POLICY to our customers.
"Less than 10% of US companies have a print policy to control print volumes and costs."
To amplify the need from a financial perspective, here are the top 4 operating expenses incurred by most organizations:
- Office Printing
If you look at a variable operating expense like utilities for example, chances are the people in your office will instinctively power down their monitors and shut the lights off at the end of work every day. It’s simply understood. But what about people’s printing behaviors? Do they print in color when black and white will do? Do they print to the most expensive printer just because it’s closer to their desk? You get the point.
Most offices tend to print more than they need to; fifteen percent more to be exact. So the opportunity to print smarter and print greener can be achieved quickly and easily with an effective print policy.
What is a “print policy”?
A print policy is a set of understood guidelines or rules followed by all office workers. Some print policies are loosely managed and others include specific directives on what a person can print, how much they can print and on what print device. In some cases, print management software removes the user’s discretion with predetermined controls by user or by print job profile.
You need to consider a print policy if…
Ask yourself the following questions. If your answer is NO or you aren’t sure, chances are you’re a prime candidate for an office print policy.
- Do people in your office fully utilize digital documents instead of producing hardcopies?
- Do you know exactly how many printers you have throughout your organization?
- Do you know how much you are spending on office printing every month?
- Have you recently completed a print assessment?
- Do you have an effective recycling program for empty print cartridges and paper?
What can you do now?
If you think it’s time to start printing smarter and greener with an office print policy of your own, here are a few ideas to get you started on the right track:
- View our PRINT SMARTER. PRINT GREENER. educational video: Now playing by clicking here!
- Download our FREE OFFICE PRINT POLICY: Full of ideas to get started!
- Try our COMPLIMENTARY PRINT ASSESSMENT SERVICE: Receive a fact-based report on your actual printing activities and costs!